We’re a fast-paced, growth-focused startup looking for passionate go-getters to join our team! For this role, we’re looking for an HR manager who is passionate about an autonomous role, leading our HR team. You’ll play a pivotal role in growing our business from day 1 as you’ll help develop our HR department, policies, and procedures.
We are looking for an HR manager who has the ambition to help us double the business over the next year. The HR manager, will also be on a career track to become the head of HR and possibly the VP HR. This role will also be reporting directly to the co-founder.
What to Look Forward To:
- Being involved: Be a part of the action, have your ideas heard and make a real impact from day one
- Growth opportunities: Fast tracking your professional development with lots of growth opportunities and career advancements
- Flexibility: Flexible hours & work-from-home (optional even post-pandemic)
- CLICK HERE to learn more about our culture
What You’ll Do
- Lead generation: Identify top talent using LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook and many other social media platforms and other tactics.
- Recruitment process: Lead and manage the entire recruitment process by creating job postings, reviewing applications, prescreening, conducting interviews and preparing contracts, etc.
- Build our processes: Organize and manage employee related information, documents, etc. Implement and administer employee policies and promote positive employee relations.
- Grow our people: Build and manage our training platform for onboarding and ongoing training programs.
What You’ll Need
- 2-3 years of experience in recruitment (a must)
- 2-3 years of experience in a HR generalist or project management role (a plus)
- Have experience working in a growing start up environment (preferred)
- Are a relationship builder: Interested in meeting lots of people in the name of the organization and cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with them over a long period of time
- Eat culture for breakfast: Understand that culture is one of the most important part of the company and are dedicated to building a company based on our corporate values
- Are an owner: Ability to work without direct supervision, crave ownership of your work and want yourself and others to be accountable for their work
- Have a “Zero to One” mindset: Able to build a department from the ground up without pre-existing processes or tools to rely upon
- Are flexible: Comfortable with changing plans associated with a seed-stage start-up still confirming its product/market fit
- Are empathetic: Ability to naturally understand the other’s feelings and position and including it in team-based problem-solving sessions
- Get the big picture: Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and identify what really matters.
- Education: Degree in Human Resource Management, or related field
- Language: Written and spoken proficiency in English and French
What We Value
- Having fun through the wins and the losses
- Supporting each other through teamwork
- Growing together on a business and personal level
- Being resourceful and making sh*t happen
- Caring for our team, company and community
Why Work at GoMaterials?
As one of Montreal’s fastest-growing startups, GoMaterials is revolutionizing the procurement process in the landscape construction industry! Our B2B marketplace optimizes how landscape contractors source plant and hardscape materials and has allowed us to be named one of Canada’s most innovative companies in 2018 by Innovations of the World. Over the last 3 years, we have helped landscapers save time, money, and stress and plant over 1.5 million plants and trees.
Lead by a young and eager group of entrepreneurs, GoMaterials is aggressively expanding across North America, with an expected growth of over 100% in 2021. We are therefore looking for amazing people to add to our team! With our work-hard, play-hard mentality, this won’t be your routine 9 to 5.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’d be a great fit at our company and are passionate about this job, we want to hear from you!