If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing and exciting startup environment, then this is the job for you! As an operations intern, you’ll be processing quotes and orders, as well as setting up our vendor catalogues in our inventory management system. You’ll play a pivotal role in growing our business from day 1 and you’ll be able to continuously share your ideas with us. This position is available full time or part time.
What to Look Forward To
- Being involved: Be a part of the action, have your ideas heard and make a real impact from day one
- Growth opportunities: Fast tracking your professional development with lots of growth opportunities and career advancements
- Flexibility: Work-from-home (optional even post-pandemic)
- CLICK HERE to learn more about our culture
What You’ll Do
- Operational Tasks: Assist the head of operations with day-to-day tasks
- Order Set ups: Process quotes and orders
- Inventory Management: Set up vendor catalogues in our inventory management system
- Transportation: Assist in developing a 3rd party transportation fleet
What You’ll Need
- Education: Degree in supply chain, operations management, or related field (in progress)
- Languages: English written and spoken (French is a plus)
- Software: Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Eat culture for breakfast: Understand that culture is one of the most important part of the company and are dedicated to building a company based on our corporate values
- Are an owner: Ability to work without direct supervision, crave ownership of your work and want yourself and others to be accountable for their work
- Are flexible: Comfortable with changing plans associated with a fast growing early stage start-up and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are empathetic: Ability to naturally understand the other’s feelings and position and including it in team-based problem-solving sessions
- Get the big picture: Strong organizational / communication skills with the ability to prioritize and identify what really matters.
- Pay attention to the little things: Ability to be detail oriented.
What We Value
- Having fun through the wins and the losses
- Supporting each other through teamwork
- Growing together on a business and personal level
- Being resourceful and making things happen
- Caring for our team, company and community
Why Work at GoMaterials?
As one of Montreal’s fastest-growing startups, GoMaterials is revolutionizing the procurement process in the landscape construction industry! Our B2B marketplace optimizes how landscape contractors source plant and hardscape materials and has allowed us to be named one of Canada’s most innovative companies in 2018 by Innovations of the World and to be one of 11 companies included into the Lazaridis Scaleup Program. Since inception, we have helped landscapers save time, money, and stress and plant over 1.5 million plants and trees. Led by a young and eager group of entrepreneurs, GoMaterials is aggressively expanding across North America. We are therefore looking for amazing people to add to our team! With our work-hard, play-hard mentality, this won’t be your routine 9 to 5.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’d be a great fit at our company and are passionate about this job, we want to hear from you!