JOB TITLE: Transport Support Intern
STATUS: Full-time, internship
LOCATION: 642 rue Courcelle, Montreal, H4C 3C7 (Metro Saint-Henri).
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing and exciting startup environment, then this is the job for you! In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the sales team by finding and qualifying new business leads and suppliers. You’ll play a pivotal role in growing our business from day 1 and you’ll be able to continuously share your ideas with us. What’s more? You’ll gain practical experience and may have the opportunity to join our team full-time!
What You’ll Do
- Assist in Vendor communication – Communicate with supplier to schedule pick up times, support in payment processing for materials.
- Assist in transport communication – Follow up with all drivers on the road to ensure they are on time, communicate any information back to logistics lead.
- Assist with scheduling – Help logistics lead in scheduling routes for upcoming deliveries, figuring out load capacity and truck types to be used.
What's in it For You
- Real hands-on experience: You will play a pivotal role in our team, truly gaining hands on experience developing and executing our 2022 plans.
- Opportunities for growth: GoMaterials is a start-up that is growing quick! Not only does that mean exposure to a fast-paced start-up environment, but it also means future hiring and promotion opportunities.
- Being involved: Be a part of the action, have your ideas heard and make a real impact from day one.
- Great team culture: We are a young team of motivated entrepreneurs who want to hear your ideas. We have a work-hard, play-hard team mentality. Have an impact on our business from day 1? This won't be your standard 9-5pm desk job!
- CLICK HERE to learn more about our culture
What You'll Need
For us, it's all about the drive! If you are motivated to make an impact on a business and deliver results, we want to hear from you.
- Education: Supply chain, operations management, or related field (in progress)
- Languages: English and French, written and spoken
- Software: Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Eat culture for breakfast: Understand that culture is one of the most important part of the company and are dedicated to building a company based on our corporate values.
- Are an owner: Ability to work without direct supervision, crave ownership of your work and want yourself and others to be accountable for their work
- Are flexible: Comfortable with changing plans associated with a fast growing early stage start-up and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are empathetic: Ability to naturally understand the other's feelings and position and including it in team-based problem-solving sessions
- Get the big picture: Strong organizational / communication skills with the ability to prioritize and identify what really matters.
- Pay attention to the little things: Ability to be detail oriented.
- Get our hands dirty: We hustle for our customers and our team.
- Pick up a Shovel: We take initiative and focus to move the business forward.
- Win as a crew: We respect, listen and challenge each other to succeed.
- Have Fun: We love a good laugh and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves.
Why Work at GoMaterials?
As one of Montreal’s fastest-growing startups, GoMaterials is revolutionizing the procurement process in the landscape construction industry! Our B2B marketplace optimizes how landscape contractors source plant and hardscape materials and has allowed us to be named one of Canada’s most innovative companies in 2018 by Innovations of the World and to be one of 11 companies included in the 2022 Lazaridis Scaleup Program cohort. Since inception, we have helped landscapers save time, money, and stress and plant over 1.5 million plants and trees. Led by a young and eager group of entrepreneurs, GoMaterials is aggressively expanding across North America. We are therefore looking for amazing people to add to our team!
Benefits and perks to look forward to:
- Great work environment and team culture
- Work from home and remote work opportunities
- Team 5 à 7s, lunches, and outings
- Casual dress code; wear what’s comfortable
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’d be a great fit at our company and are passionate about this role, we want to hear from you!