Why Work at GoMaterials?
As one of Montreal’s fastest-growing startups, GoMaterials is revolutionizing the procurement process in the landscape construction industry! Our B2B marketplace optimizes how landscape contractors source plant and tree materials and has allowed us to be named one of Canada’s most innovative companies in 2018 by Innovations of the World and to be one of 11 companies included in the 2022 Lazaridis Scaleup Program cohort .
Since inception, we have helped landscapers save time, money, and stress and plant over 1.5 million plants and trees. Led by a young and eager group of entrepreneurs, GoMaterials is aggressively expanding across North America. We are therefore looking for amazing people to add to our team!
- Get our hands dirty: We hustle for our customers and our team.
- Pick up a Shovel: We take initiative and focus to move the business forward.
- Win as a crew: We respect, listen and challenge each other to succeed.
- Have Fun: We love a good laugh and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves.
GoMaterials is a fast-paced growth startup looking for a passionate Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing JAVA/Spring MVC-based GoMaterials platform backend API and Angular-based frontend interfaces. You’ll also participate in the development of Azure Serverless components and work closely with the CTO for requirement refinement and architecture design. Finally, you’ll provide solutions with existing and new technologies, as well as help and train other team members.
Besides web application development, you'll be able to gain exposure to our Machine Learning & Computer Vision based R&D projects depending on your interests.
The ideal candidate should to be a good problem-solver, team-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced Startup environment.
What You’ll Do
- Build RESTful backend API with JAVA/Spring MVC framework
- Build Angular-based frontend interface to consume RESTful APIs
- Design and implement NodeJS-based Azure serverless functions
- Work with the QA team to resolve detected issues
- Maintain and design both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL databases
- Help organize Azure-based tech infrastructure
- Identify backend API issues and optimize existing backend performance
- Lead and execute the backend deployment and release process
- Refine requirements and write design documents
- Create backend development plans and reports
- Support the QA team for automated testing and in updating technology stack
- Maintain good quality code on Git repository
What You’ll Need
- 5 years of experience on JAVA and Spring MVC framework
- 8 years of experience on web application frontend development
- 3 years of experience on Angular (2+) application development
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Written and spoken proficiency in English (French, a plus)
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and development
- Experience with NodeJS Azure Serverless function development
- Advanced knowledge of database design and optimization
- Experience with Maven project management tool
- Knowledge of Agile development and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with system configuration on Linux platform
- Highly skilled in requirement understanding and refinement
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Linux/Apache/Tomcat configuration and maintenance
- Knowledge of Azure cloud service platform
- Knowledge of implement CI/CD pipelines and automation tools
Benefits and perks to look forward to:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Great work environment and team culture (CLICK HERE to learn more about our culture)
- Benefits including Telemedicine
- Work from home and remote work opportunities
- Vacation and paid time off
- Casual dress code; wear what’s comfortable
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’d be a great fit at our company and are passionate about this role, we want to hear from you!